- Phone: (206) 652-8660
- Fax: (206) 652-8290
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Litigation in State and Federal Courts and in Private Arbitrations
- Intellectual Property and Business Practices Counsel
- Internet, Software and General Contracts
Roger Townsend has been a respected complex litigation attorney in Seattle since 1995. Mr. Townsend has represented individuals and businesses in partnership, breach of contract, intellectual property, privacy rights, professional malpractice, shareholder, employment, non-compete, trade secret and related matters. Mr. Townsend’s litigation frequently involves emerging technology issues and has recently been at the forefront of major litigation arising out of the bitcoin space.
For more than a decade, Mr. Townsend has represented many technology and emerging companies in general business matters, including corporate, intellectual property, transactional, domain name, employment and other matters. Major transactions have included licensing and transaction matters valued in excess of $10 million.
Professional Honors and Affiliations
Named “Super Lawyer” by Washington Law & Politics, 2008–present
“AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review (highest rating)
AVVO rating: 10.0 (highest rating)
Member, Bainbridge Island City Council
Treasurer, Federal Bar Association, Western District of Washington
Assistant Director, Federal Bar Association Civil Rights Clinic
Director, United States Courts’ “Constitution Day”, Western District of Washington
Law Clerk to the Honorable William L. Dwyer, United States District Judge, Western District of Washington, 1996–1997
Law Clerk to the Honorable Robert R. Beezer, United States Circuit Judge, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, 1997–1998
Admissions & Courts
- United States Supreme Court
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court, W.Dist.Wa.
- United States District Court, E.Dist.Wa.
- Washington State Courts
- Northwestern University School of Law
- Wesleyan University B.A., Economics